Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Vintage Halloween Costume Idea: Audrey Hepburn


Every year starting in October, I rack my brain trying to figure out what I'm going to wear on October 31st. Being a girl on a budget, I try to put together a costume that is fun but that won't break the bank. By using a combination of items that you may already have on hand with a few vintage/thrift store finds, assembling the perfect Halloween costume is a sure thing.


 The first thing that you need to find is a plain black dress. Every girl has a simple black number in her closet, right? Well if you don't, head down to your local thrift store and browse the racks, or check out some of these beauties available on Etsy...

www.godo.etsy.com
www.thewitcheryvintage.etsy.com
www.bothsidesnow.etsy.com
Okay, now that you've found your dress, time to add a strand of pearls. Ask mom to borrow hers (don't lose them!), or purchase your own. Every girl should own her own set of pearls...

www.vintagemaryellen.etsy.com
www.carrierscozycottage.etsy.com
www.lynnsbeadedjewelry.etsy.com
 You're almost set! The finishing touch is the extra long cigarette holder that you MUST have for this costume. How did Audrey make smoking look so debutante? With this:

www.azulclaro.etsy.com
www.sirprys.etsy.com

Now, sweep your hair into a high up-do, put on seven layers of mascara, and practice making your best doe eyes in the mirror. On Halloween night, you'll be the best dressed Old Hollywood starlet on the block ; )


"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment